For Sale By Owner Appraisals
Home Seller Services
Putting a house on the market? Contact Socal Appraiser and make sure you’re setting the right price.
If you’re planning on selling your home soon, an appraisal is a must. An appraisal doesn’t cost that much and it pays in the long run! Unless the homeowner studies real estate values on a day to day basis, it can prove to be difficult for them to understand the nuances of real estate market forces.
We are not talking about how much you have invested in your home, or the amount you need to get for it. Rather, the appraisal measures your home’s market value. After all, a home is only worth the price another person is offering to pay.
Selling yourself instead of using a real estate agent and need help with pricing?
An increasing amount of Georgia homeowners are choosing to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. If you’re going to do it right, with minimal waiting and efficient feedback, you need a expert appraiser. The best thing to have is an objective opinion; we understand it’s difficult to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
Not only will getting a professional appraisal help you set a sensible selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
- Give you an advantage while bargaining while speaking with a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of your home’s condition inside and out
- Alert you of issues and get rid of any overlooked repairs hassles that might delay a closing
- Prevent the possibility of hidden problems that cause sales to flop
People are sometimes surprised to discover the value of their home is more than they originally believed. Taking the first step by spending a little on a professional appraisal allowed them to get thousands more than they originally thought. Alternatively, some people have an overestimated assessment when they put a value on their home, and by getting an appraisal it helped them to to realistically price their home in order for it to sell quickly – instead of waiting on the market for months. Asking too much for a home causes buyers to back off, which means no offers and no closing, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts.
Get a Professional Value Opinion Before Listing
Even if you have a very skillful agent, it’s definitely a good idea to get an objective third-party’s opinion of your home’s value before signing a listing agreement. Let Socal Appraiser help. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have a definitive summary of your home’s characteristics and a detailed breakdown of the most recent and similar comparable sales or as they’re commonly called, “comps”.
Socal Appraiser is Available for General Consulting
If you feel like you don’t need an “appraisal” but you need some help collecting local sales and property data, we have services tailored for the needs of consumers like you to assist with your real estate decisions.
Here’s what you can expect when you place an order for an appraisal through Socal Appraiser…
- Immediate response to your initial inquiry: We will give you personalized information for your particular appraisal need. We’ll be delighted to give you suggestions – just let us know what your situation is.
- Swift turnaround for appraisals: Usually in a week’s time or less from the date the request is received, we can have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Appraisal and consulting report formats that suit YOUR needs: We’ve done quite a few of assignments, and we’ve learned that in the practice of real estate consulting and appraising, there isn’t a typical or standard “boiler place” assignment. We provide a variety of types of reports and are experts at providing appraisals to clients that keep the industry jargon to a minimum and in an easy to read format with consumers in mind.
- Prompt response to follow-up questions: When we create reports, we make sure they are written in plain English, easy to understand, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal practice. If you have any confusion concerning your appraisal after you’ve read through the report, we encourage you to email or call us!
Do you have a question relating to real estate appraisals? I can help. Simply fill out the form below and I will contact you with the answer within 2 hours, with no obligation to you.
Orange County CA